Oh, these cupcakes! VERY simple and equally MOUTH-WATERING!
This recipe of Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes beautiful. I made these a couple of days back and everyone in my home loved them! And that’s not even the best part. The best part is that it’s incredibly easy to make and not too time taking. AND it comes with a glossy chocolate frosting which is, again, very simple to make.
I took this recipe from allrecipes.co.uk. Now, if you clicked on that site, you will notice that mine look different. Well, that’s just because of the way that I applied my frosting on top of the cupcakes. On the site, the frosting is piped beautifully, whereas with me.. I got too eager to eat them so I simply took a spoon and spread the frosting over the cupcakes in a not so tidy manner.
Prep: 3o minutes + Cook 2o minutes = Ready in: 50 minutes
- 100g 70% chocolate
- 6 tablespoons milk (semi-skimmed is fine)
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g crushed hazelnuts
- 120g 70% chocolate
- 150g unsalted butter
- 160g icing sugar
- 1/2 vanilla pod (I used vanilla essence instead)
- Cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Melt the 100g chocolate and milk over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Beat the 175g butter and caster sugar until pale and creamy, stir in eggs. Fold in flour, baking powder and hazelnuts.
- Add the melted chocolate and milk mixture and mix well. Spoon into muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Frosting: Melt 120g chocolate over water and allow to cool to room temp. I often place saucepan in a bowl of cool water and keep stirring until cool.
- Beat 150g butter until smooth and creamy, add icing sugar until fluffy and light.
- Add vanilla seeds from pod and mix in chocolate. Whisk on low speed til mixed then on high speed til frosting is smooth and glossy.
- When cupcakes are completely cooled, add frosting and decorate!
looks good, doesn’t it? Well, except the way I threw my frosting on. Nonetheless, they’re great. So be sure to try them out and let me know how they went!